I sat down with a potential client yesterday during one of our consultations and she asked an interesting question. She wanted to know if I thought it was a mistake to have a Winter wedding. The question caught me off guard a bit, because not only is it NOT a mistake there are many benefits to choosing to say "I Do" during the winter months. Here are the top 7 reasons, why YPB feels its a GREAT idea to marry in the Winter.
1. More Availability. Most venue's need about a year's notice in order to book a Saturday during the summer, whereas they are more open during the fall and winter months. If you want to have a shorter engagement, getting married in the "off season" will be helpful in securing your dream venue.
2. Pricing Flexbility: Many vendors offer more affordable rates during the "off season". The slower winter season can be your budget's best friend
3. Predictable Weather: The nice thing about getting married during the winter months, is you know you need to be indoors. Not having to stress over the weather forecast (a particularly stressful component to getting married outdoors in the northwest) can be a big perk
4. Gorgous Decor: There are so many style options. You can go for a warm and cozy wedding or go all out winter glam. There are tons of ideas to bring your personal style in and make it stunning, fun, and memorable.
5. Easier on your Guests: If you have a lot of guests who live out of state, it can be difficult for them to make it out during the summer. Not only are you competing with other wedding obligations, you are also competing with family vacations, reunions, etc. People tend to hybernate during the winter, so you are more likely to get your favorite people out to your wedding, if it is during the off season. Addiitonally, travel is usually cheaper during the winter months.
6. No Melting Issues: During the summer months, heat can really wreak havoc on your wedding day. When you are getting married during the winter you dont have to worry about your guests, your make up, or your cake melting.
7. Candelight: So many Pinterest dreams are comprised of romantic candle-lit affairs. Unfortunately, during the summer, it doesn't get dark enough, soon enough to really enjoy the benfits of those candles. When you get married during the Winter, it is dark around 5pm, thus allowing you to design that romantic, candle-lit ceremony you have be dreaming about.