I sat down with a potential client yesterday during one of our consultations and she asked an interesting question. She wanted to know if I thought it was a mistake to have a Winter wedding. The question caught me off guard a bit, because not only is it NOT a mistake there are many benefits to choosing to say "I Do" during the winter months. Here are the top 7 reasons, why YPB feels its a GREAT idea to marry in the Winter.
1. More Availability. Most venue's need about a year's notice in order to book a Saturday during the summer, whereas they are more open during the fall and winter months. If you want to have a shorter engagement, getting married in the "off season" will be helpful in securing your dream venue.
2. Pricing Flexbility: Many vendors offer more affordable rates during the "off season". The slower winter season can be your budget's best friend
3. Predictable Weather: The nice thing about getting married during the winter months, is you know y...
After 250+ weddings we have seen a lot of toasts. While most have been pretty good, we have seen some amazing ones and we have seen a few cring worthy - kill the mic - ones. To avoid the latter at your wedding, be sure to choose folks who you know and love and trust. And also....send them this tip sheet.
1. The first of rule thumb for writing a great toast is keeping it simple. A good toast is funny but heartfelt. Keeping it simple will allow you to speak from the heart, and that alone makes it memorable.
2. When you are thinking about what stories to tell in your speech there are two things to keep in mind.. A) The couple's parent's are in the room. Now is not the time to break the news to them that their sweet angelic child was really a hellian. B) The person's very new spouse is in the room. Sure you may have known the bride or groom during their wild and crazy single days, but now is not the time to relive the walk of shame adventures you shared or...